Can you guess who these five English test cricketers are by the clues given. The answers are at the bottom of the page.
- -I am the third most capped England player in ODI’s.
– I was the highest test run scorer in the 90s.
– My ODI shirt number is a reference to my favourite Chelsea player whilst growing up John Hollins.
2. -I became the fourth batsmen to score a century at Lord’s on my debut.
– I first captained England in test cricket in 2006.
– I have been given a knighthood.
3. – I made my debut for England at the age of 34 in 1976
– I was once famously described as having a “degree in people”.
– I captained England to the final of the 1979 World Cup.
4. -I achieved my test career best bowling figures on my home county ground.
– In test matches I hold the second best score made by a number nine.
– I have Nottingham tram named after me.
5. – I won three test caps for England.
– I was involved in the “greatest sporting commentary moment ever” according to a BBC poll.
– One of my four test wicket victims is the great Viv Richards.
If you enjoy SillyPoint's content and would like to make a small donation of £1 in order for us to grow and produce more content we would be very grateful.
- Alec Stewart
- Andrew Strauss
- Mike Brearley
- Stuart Broad
- Jonathan Agnew