Most of you have probably spent numerous hours strapped to your radio listening to Test Match Special call many of the special moments that have happened on a cricket field. Whether that be in the garden on a warm summers afternoon or tucked up in bed on wintery December night TMS have been their.
So how much of the last ??? years though do you remember?
1. What year did Test Match Special start broadcasting?
2. In a recent interview Jonathan Agnew revealed Brian Johnston didn’t find the infamous “leg over” incident funny until which celebrity’s wife wrote in to say how amusing she’d found it.
a. Ronnie Corbett
b. Ronnie Barker
c. Bruce Forsyth
d. Des Lynam
3. What is the name of the theme music that is played at the start and end of each broadcast?
b. Soul Limbo
c. Caribbean flair
4. Why did Radio 4 LW listeners not hear England take the final wicket to win the 2010/11 Ashes series?
a. There was some breaking news away from the cricket
b. The radio line cut out
c. They were at the shipping forecast
d. It happened in between a commentary handover
5. What was strange about the TMS coverage of the 2001 test at Galle between England and Sri Lanka?
a. It was the host broadcaster’s line so the commentary wasn’t in English.
b. TMS were commentating from a monitor back in London.
c. Due to a technical error none of the commentary was broadcast despite the commentary team not realising.
d. Due to a dispute Jonathan Agnew had to commentate on a mobile phone whilst on Galle Fort which overlooks the ground.
6. Between 1991 and 1994 why wasn’t Henry Blofeld (Blowers) a TMS commentator?
a. He was fulfilling his dream of being a bus driver
b. He went to work for the ECB
c. He went to commentate for Sky
d. He temporarily retired
7. Who was the TMS producer from 1973-2007?
a. Peter Baxter
c. Fred Trueman
d. Brian Johnston
8. An interview with who inspired the feature a view from the boundary?
a. Harold Wilson
b. Alan Bennett
c. Ben Travers
d. John Cleese
9. Which current summariser has been broadcasting on TMS the longest?
a. Vic Marks
b. Geoffrey Boycott
c. Phil Tufnell
d. Michael Vaughan
10. Who commissioned a cake to be sent to TMS for the 2019 World Cup Final?
a. The Queen
b. Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall
c. Prince Harry
d. Elton John
Scroll down for the answers.
If you enjoy SillyPoint’s content and want to support us then follow the link below and grab us a coffee.
1. c. 1957
2. a. Ronnie Corbett
3. b. Soul Limbo
4. c. They were at the shipping forecast
5. d. Due to a dispute Jonathan Agnew had to commentate on a mobile phone whilst on Galle Fort which overlooks the ground.
6. c. He went to commentate for Sky
7. a. Peter Baxter
8. c. Ben Travers
9. a. Vic Marks
10. b. Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall